Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Welcome Back NFL!

I was originally going to try to do some kind of free agency preview for the NFL, but it's literally impossible with 400 free agents, plus who knows how many people are going to be salary cut victims. It could mean about 500 players changing hand, which is just preposterous... plus this is taking place over a mere 5 to 10 days.

Anyways, my favorite headlines of the first half day of free agency...

1) The Seahawks signing QB Tavaris Jackson, not Hasselbeck

2) The Seahawks signing QB Matt Leinart to reunite him with his old coach from USC. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Reggie Bush.

3) The Redskins outbidding themselves for WR Santana Moss's services... and finding out that Santana Moss is only 32, despite the fact that I thought he was 36.

4) The Eagles deciding not to re-sign ANY of their free agents! (I also have to give a shout-out to RB Jerome Harrison- please come back to Cleveland, the Browns still need a change-of-pace back, because everyone knows our bruising RB Peyton Hillis isn't going to survive the Madden curse)

No comments: