Due to unfortunate technology problems MMBSD was delayed. Which I suppose is fine as there's lots to talk about. Albeit these are all random....
- TCU's backup qb is named Yogi Gallegos. Which is awesome. Ok the really big story is TCU is joining the Big East. Theoretically distances aren't that much different from Fort Worth to the East as it is to Boise but the real reason for the changes is BCS money. The Big East needed a big name to avoid being sidelined in the next round of BCS negotiations and TCU saw an easy path to BCS money err glory so it's oddly a perfect match. At least until another conference starts poaching TCU or other Big East teams.
- The various BCS bowls are coming into focus. TCU will go to the Rose Bowl or Mythical Championship. Stanford, with its #4 ranking, will get an automatic bid, most likely the Fiesta bowl. UConn gets a win and it'll be off somewhere as the Big East Rep. Wisconsin, , and Ohio State will almost assuredly be going to the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl respectively. That leaves a few championship games and a Civil War game to figure out the remaining few spots.
- In a year where perennial powers took nose dives Jim Tressel's Buckeyes finished with yet another 10 win season, share of the Big 10 title, etc. Partially this is homerism but partially its annoyance that Tressel has never won coach of the year while at tOSU. Kirk Ferentz after losing to Minnesota should have to donate one of his.
- Is Atlanta the best team in the NFC? Unclear Chicago, Philly, and Green Bay all have legitimate arguments they could be. However Atlanta at home is entirely different beast and given a favorable schedule the aforementioned teams will have to go to Mattie Ice's layer...no easy task.
- I wish I could say why San Diego does this horrible out of the gate and then come on strong each and every year. There's no real reason for it. And yet here we are once again San Diego with a straight shot to the playoffs and once again a dangerous team that can win (or lose) on any given day. I wish I wish I could say why (as I'd bet in Vegas over it)