Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cheers and Jeers: Flaming Dr. Pepper Edition

Flaming Dr. Pepper
Ingredients
- 1/2 Pint Beer- preferably a lager
- 1 shot amaretto
- Bacardi 151 (or any substitutable liquor with high enough proof)
- fire
- love (the secret ingredient is always love)

Well folks I'm back baby. After time in Italy and other parts unmentionable I have returned to reclaim cheers and jeers and participate in our wonderful online community. While I was gone I introduced our Atlantic cousins to the concept of the flaming dr. pepper. Now while Bacardi 151 isn't really available in Europe, we did find wonderful substitutes like: ouzo, kerosene, nothing, etc. Great times. Anyway here's a little cheering and jeerings

Cheers
To all-star fever. Of all sports selection for the baseball all-star team seems to be the most important. This year the Tribe have two great starting pitching nominees who I as a cheerer whole hardly support (Carmona and Sabathia)

Jeers:
To the basketball trade fever. Nothing is getting done. Nobody will be traded. I haven't seen this much huffing and puffing signifying nothing since Publius threatened me with a ham sandwich. I've been in Italy (read where deli's go to die). After seeing prosciutto, ham holds no fear.

Jeers:
Sosa hitting 600 home runs. Yawn.

Cheers:
To golf testing for steriods. Its about time. All that 'roid rage was taking away from the finer points of golf.

Cheers:
GQ + Jessica Biel = reason to go to the beach. Also to carry duct tape.

No comments: