Friday, May 15, 2009

No Love for the NL Central

I was talking a little bit to Mighty and I came up with the fact that I have a little rant inside of me. I was looking at the standings in the NL Central and there are four teams that are just about tied for 1st place. I know the same argument about how ESPN and other major sports centers focus on where they have the majority of fans. I understand that. But come on this is looking to be a great duel off in the NL Central. I think that baseball has generally not been covered all that much at all. Maybe that is because I am in the land of the NL West but it seems like we are fixated on A-rod and Manny to totally overlook what is actually going on in baseball. Did anyone know that the Rangers are 20-14 and leading the AL West. Or that Doc Halladay has been incredible in leading the AL East leading Blue Jays to victory. The Reds have a 22 year old that is off to a tear in HRs, a guy that is leading the NL in batting (not seen since Hal Morris came up to the plate, and yes this is a joke), the saves leader and Geez, Bronson Arroyo has 5 wins so far!!!! There really hasn't been anything about how the Royals are actually playing decent baseball. I think that the media needs to actually focus on some of the great stories that are happening in baseball vs. wondering what Manny's testesterone level is or if A-rod had Fiber One this morning for breakfast to help him with the constipation from all the painkillers he probably had to take from his surgery. I am looking at the "news" stories right now on ESPN and the stories are "Ripken Seeks Answers from A-rod on Drug Use", "Rose Says A-Rod Deserves to be in the HOF, "The Latest on Manny", "Dodgers Get In Person Apology from Manny", "Did Manny Parlay Steroids into the Dodgers Deal", "A-rod's Path To Redemption", and an article about a former Red Sox who unfortunately is an alcoholic. Wake up and actually watch some of the games that are going on around you. I might be just blind of the coverage but I really am not seeing it.

No comments: