Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sad Clowns in Cleveland


Well readers, it's that time of the season where the die-hard cleveland fan whines about how "its never gonna happen" and this season is another chapter in the disappointing saga of the life as a cleveland fan. I am hovering in an emotion that is 50% sad and 50% angry, I call it "sangry".

Well, I'm sangry as all hell. Part of me wants to decry the refs for game 3 and say how bad we got screwed, part of me wants to bunch every player on Orlando in the mouth for being a cocky son of a bitch, and part of me wants to inject every non-Lebron Cavs players with enough performance enhancing drugs so that we score points in the next game. But here's the reality, we are getting outplayed and outcoached. Orlando made 17 3s last night! 17! Thats crazy, and Cleveland hasn't made the adjustments all series to match them defensively. Cleveland's system has broken down on defense and its effecting their offense as well.

It is a sad turn of events to see Ron Jeremy completely dismantle the Cavs, but its happening. I feel like there is life left in this Cavs team, it's not over, they can win 3 games in a row. I mean, they lost one at home, and based on the fact that they only lost 3 games all season at the Q, the odds are high that they can win games 5 and 7. So, it all comes down to taking one in Orlando.

Believe me, they have the tools, they just need to learn how to use them. It's like that scene in Swingers, they are all telling Mikey that he has the claws and the fangs, and he's looking at the rabbit and doesn't know what to do. Well, this Cavs team has claws and fangs, for gods sake, they won 66 games. But right now they are just petting the bunny, and the bunny keeps shooting three pointers. Okay, I messed up the analogy, but whatever.

Well, on to game 5, where the comeback starts. Oh yeah, I'm going to game 5, see y'all on TV.

No comments: