Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Week 5 - Mission: Impossible

For some reason, I can't seem to figure out any of the games this week... they are all toss-ups, and I just hope I can hit the .500 mark!

Manwich Matchup of the Week
Jets @ Pats - Always a big game. The Jets come in under a 2-game losing streak... a loss here puts them in yet another poor position of having to get a wildcard. It seems like the stakes are high already! However, I always believe in REVENGE.... and the Pats will be looking for some relentless, ruthless revenge after the Jets beat them in the playoffs last year.
Pick: Pats

Upset of the Week
Chicago @ Detroit - This game seems like a complete toss-up to me. The Vegas line is currently 6 points for the Lions. SIX POINTS?!? I like the Lions... but something tells me that not having Romo in there to gift-wrap a victory will have them crashing back to earth this week.
Pick: Chicago

Opening Round Playoff Game #5
Teams already eliminated: Tennessee, Indy, Cincy, Minnesota
Arizona @ Minnesota - Well, the vikings got "eliminated" last weekend. I think this is the weekend they finally win!
Pick: Minnesota

Fantasy Football Game of Interest
Philly @ Buff - Should be an interesting game... the Eagles are desperate too and the Bills have to prove that they are no fluke.
Pick: Buffalo (I don't believe in the Philly O-line or D-Line)

Other Games
KC @ Indy - Pick: Indy
Oak @ Houston - Pick: Houston
NO @ CAR - NO
CIncy @ Jack - Cincy
Tenn @ Pitt - Tennessee
Seattle @ NYG - NYG
Tampa @ SF - Tampa
SD @ Denver - Denver
GB @ ATL - GB
Last Week: 9-7
Season: 40-24
Manwich Matchup: 4-0 (The Texans stomped on the Steelers!)
Upset of the Week: 1-3 (The Jets were awful against the ravens)

No comments: