Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Week 10- The Reign of the Moustache Ends

First off, yes, I posted another sub-500 week. I'm on a roll. The funniest thing was before the Sunday night game, I only had 4 games right out of 12. And that included my silly pick of Arizona over Miami. Wow. I stink.

Secondly, it's time to reflect on the end of the Moustache era in Miami. Yes, Dave Wannstedt "resigned." A sad day for Miami. They may get a head coach who can actually lead them out of the mess if given a good team like the one Wannstedt had. My only question is- who decided to hit the panic button and deal their top DE for an average WR named Marty Booker in August???

Alas, on to the games.

Manwich Matchup of the Week-
Seattle @ St. Louis-
I'm very curious as to how Seattle will react after blowing that 24 point lead last time with about 3 minutes to play.
I'm going with the revenge factor, and picking Seattle.
Pick: Seattle

Upset of the Week-
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland-
Yes, I've decided to just go crazy, and pick my own team. For some reason, the Browns play very inspired at home. This can be a let-down game right? And we have the revenge factor going after the Browns were trampled about 5 weeks ago.
Pick: Cleveland.

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta-
Brian Griese is playing much better than Vick. I just refuse to believe that. Now let me play more video games.
Pick: Atlanta

Houston @ Indy-
You know what? At this point, I mine as well just start picking Houston almost every week. I'm on the bandwagon, so why not?
Pick: Houston

Detroit @ Jacksonville-
The Lions are road warriors, and Leftwich is out. Granted, I'm sure some guy named Garrardio will come in and make me worried about this.
Pick: Detroit

KC @ New Orleans-
Yes, I think I've only picked one KC game right all year. I have no clue. And I have no clue about the Saints. I guess this is a week for KC to be desperate again. I mean, they are 3-5 now.
Pick: KC

Baltimore @ NY Jets-
And the Jets get exposed again.
Pick: Baltimore

Chicago @ Tennessee-
I wish I had something nice to say about these teams...
Craig Krenzel keeps winning in ugly ways?
Pick: Tennesee

Cincinnati @ Washington-
The Bengals are like the Browns- terrible on the road, great at home.
Pick: Washington

NY Giants @ Arizona-
I found out last week that Boomer Esiason threw for 527 yards when he was on the Cardinals- and Jim Fassel was on the coaching staff!
This random fact brought to you by the letter Q.
Pick: NY Giants

Minnesota @ Green Bay-
I don't care if Moss is there or not, as a matter of respect, the Vikings will get the job done. In fact, GB sucks at home this year. Maybe that's just because they suck in general, no matter though.
Pick: Minnesota

Carolina @ SF-
Oh boy. Battle of the 1-win teams. Get out the coin. The winner is...
Pick: SF

Buffalo @ NE-
IF McGahee does well, and Bledsoe puts on his dancing shoes then... NO way.
Pick: NE

Philly @ Dallas-
I can't stand sportswriters and their hype. Last year, the Tuna was the greatest coach of all time. This year, they say he's lost his touch and doesn't understand today's player.
But wait? He has a 44-year old QB! He and Tuna are pretty close in age? Right?
Pick: Philly

Last Week: 6-8
Season: 77-53
Manwich Matchup: 4-5 (The Colts got me a win for once.)
Upset Special: 5-4 (I lost on the Texans. Whenever I pick a team back-to-back weeks it just doesn't work.)

1 comment:

Mighty Mike said...

I'm going with GB over Minnesota. If there is no Moss -you must acquit.