Thursday, November 25, 2004

Week 12- I Love This Game

Well, I’ve got to address the NBA first. I woke up extra early last Saturday just so I could watch the incident from as many angles as possible. As we all know, Artest has no reason to go in the stands. Unfortunately, once he’s in the stands, and you can’t see him, and 4 fans are surrounding him and doing who knows what, I really can’t blame for Stephen Jackson or anyone else for defending their teammate. Now, Jackson went a little overboard though on the haymakers- he looked like a 10-year old repeatedly hitting the punch button in “Mortal Kombat.” Artest & Jackson got the punishments they deserved. As for Jermaine O’Neal, he got the shaft. I can’t believe the arguments I heard this week- “He hit an innocent guy just walking around.”
WHAT??? Let’s just get this straight, that chubby guy that O’Neal lays out wasn’t just going for some exercise. There’s a fight in the stands, craziness all around, fans trying to tackle the players. If you are dumb enough to go down on the court for some unknown (presumably negative) purpose, I could really care less what happens to you. I think O’Neal only deserved a 15-game suspension.

Ok, on to the games. Let me just say, that the George Costanza theory wasn’t great. No more games, no more BS, it’s time to seriously pick games again.

Manwich Matchup of the Week-
Jacksonville @ Minnesota-
2 teams, right in the thick of the playoff race. Moss may play this week. I’m still sticking w/ my Vikings.
Pick: Minnesota
Upset of the Week-
NY Jets @ Arizona-
The Cards play great at home, have a great defense, and the Jets are using a backup QB. The Jets are the worst 7-3 team in the NFL.
Pick: Arizona

Indy @ Detroit-
What are the odds of some object hitting Edgerrin James, and him storming the stands, beating up fans, and then Peyton Manning drop kicking fans left & right? I mean, if these 2 cities’ NBA teams can fight, why not the NFL teams?
Pick: Indy

Chicago @ Dallas-Craig Krenzel vs. Drew Henson. Buckeyes vs. Wolverines! Go Bucks!
Pick: Chicago

Tampa @ Carolina-
The Panthers have started to get hot, but really, I’ve been a big Griese fan for a long time as everyone knows.
Pick: Tampa Bay

Cleve @ Cinci-
Did they really need to have a press release to tell us that Butch could get fired at the end of the season? I already assumed that.
Pick: Cinci

Tennessee @ Houston-
Houston has become quite the sinking ship. But you know what? I’m still sticking by them.
Pick: Houston

San Diego @ KC-
The Amazing Bill Simmons said at the beginning of the season, “What’s the difference between SD & KC? They both have a stud RB, and neither team has a defense.” These were prophetic words, as SD is the playoff team this year, and KC is just terrible.
Pick: SD

Baltimore @ New England-
No Jamal Lewis? Sounds good to me.
Pick: New England

Philly @ NY Giants-
TO is the best. Every week, it’s something different. Personally, when you rank his TD dances, I really do like the pom-pom one best. How does he come up w/ this stuff?
Pick: Philly

Wash @ Pitt-
Rookie Redhawk Roethlisberger.
Pick: Pittsburgh

New Orleans @ Atlanta-
Vick is unreal. Another 100-yard rushing day last week.
Pick: Atlanta

Miami @ San Fran-
At the beginning of the season, I named Wannstedt & Erickson as shoe-ins for getting fired. It’s only a matter of time Erickson. (Sorry, it’s one of the few things I was right about this year, I’ve got to build my confidence anyway I can.)
Pick: Miami

Buffalo @ Seattle-
Let's evaluate this based on their respective NBA teams. Seattle, is red-hot, shooting 3s all over the place. Buffalo used to have a team. They weren't very good. That's what my dad tells me.
Pick: Seattle

Oakland @ Denver-
Unbelievably, IF I would have started Kerry Collins at QB last week, I would have won. Who’d have thunk it? My 3-8 team is pretty deep I thought.
Pick: Denver

St Louis @ Green Bay-
Do you ever get the feeling that Martz is the absent-minded professor? Capable of sweeping Seattle, yet losing to Buffalo AND Miami?
Pick: Green Bay

Last Week: 8-8 (3-0 on my own, 5-8 w/ the George Costanza Theory)Season: 89-71Manwich Matchup: 4-7 (I picked the Bears over the Colts, thanks George.)Upset Special: 6-5 (In anti-upset, I picked Green Bay over Houston. Thanks George.)

No comments: