Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Week 9 - The Dark Dungeon of Sub-500 Predictions

Yes, the rumors are true. I went 6-8 last week. It's hard to do much worse. I'll try this week to top it somehow. I will refrain from political speak, though I will say it's been a long couple of days.

Manwich Matchup of the Week-
Minnesota @ Indy-
Wow! Now this will be a dazzling display full of fantasy performers determining everyone's fate. Not sure if Moss will be available. I think at this point, I'm going with the more desperate team. Either team could win this game though, but Indy will try real hard not to lose 3 straight. Right Peyton? Peyton???
Pick: Indy

Upset of the Week-
Houston @ Denver-
The Texans were about the only thing I picked right last week. Apparently, Denver's secondary is just terrible. Now, the Bengals and the Falcons have shredded them. I think Carr & Co. should be up to the challenge, and then I won't be able to go w/ the Texans as an upset pick any more.
Pick: Houston

NY Jets @ Buffalo-
The Jets are an absolutely terrible 1-loss team. Honestly, they don't do anything that well except beat up on bad teams.
Pick: Jets

Oakland @ Carolina-
Ughhh... how the mighty have fallen.
Pick: Carolina

Dallas @ Cincinnati-
Please mail in your suggestions on how these 2 teams are supposed to be. I have no idea which weeks they will decide to play.
Pick: Dallas

Washington @ Detroit-
This is a rematch of the 1991 NFC Championship game! Playing the role of Mark Rypien is... Mark Brunell! Playing the role of Barry Sanders is... Kevin Jones! Lion fans are still mad about the one time Barry was a game away... and nothing motivates a team like the fans hatred. Seriously. Word.
Pick: Detroit

Arizona @ Miami-
I have no idea how this shakes out. Both teams have great defenses and terrible offenses. At least the game is in Florida.
Pick: Arizona

Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh-
Yes, this could have also been the Manwich Matchup. Oh well. Redhawk Rookie Roethlisberger continues to dazzle. All I know is that Philly scraped by Cleveland & Baltimore. I flip the coin, and the winner is...
Pick: Pittsburgh

KC @ Tampa Bay-
OK, I got enough hate-mail from the Chief fans already. Yes, I gave up too quickly. Yes, the Broncos defense is just as bad the Chiefs. Ultimately, it won't matter, both teams are fatally flawed.
Pick: KC

Chicago @ NY Giants-
Congratulations to Craig Krenzel for winning a rematch of the Collegiate Championship... embarrassing Ken Dorsey once again. Eventually, Dorsey might get mad at this continual one-upmanship. He may challenge you to a game of Tiddly Winks.
Pick: NY Giants

New Orleans @ San Diego-
And in roll the Saints, Las Vegas' least favorite team since there has been no reason for any of their wins or losses these last 3 years. Let's hope for a shootout. I'm sticking to the Charger bandwagon.
Pick: San Diego

Seattle @ SF-
I know, Ken Dorsey, it hurts. One day, you'll regain your mojo. You may have to go to NFL Europe to find it though.
Pick: Seattle

New England @ St. Louis-
I'm applying a theory that works for any sport- when a dominant team (aka 1996 Bulls, 1999 Broncos, any Duke B-ball team) has a long winning streak snapped, it usually results in a 2 (yes, TWO) game losing streak. I have no idea why, but these are things I remember. Probably should devote more memory cells to people's birthdays and hobbies, but I've chosen my path.
Pick: St. Louis

Cleveland @ Baltimore-
This is a classic revenge game. I don't think the Ravens are going to be too pleased when they think back to the 20-3 spanking they received in week 1.
Pick: Baltimore

Last Week: 6-8
Season: 71-45
Manwich Matchup: 3-5 (So the Chiefs were hungrier than I thought)
Upset Special: 5-3 (Texans took down the high flying Jags. Let's hope they can get another one for me this week.)

No comments: