Thursday, February 03, 2005

Super Pick for a Super Bowl

The Browns will win the Super Bowl.



By the Browns, I mean the Browns former coach (Belichick) and future coach (Crennel).

Well, here we are finally! I just wanted to get some shock value by the first line. The long-awaited Super Bowl. Other than Oakland-Tampa Bay, I think this is only the 2nd time since the “new era” began in ’99 that both teams actually EXPECTED to make the Super Bowl and succeeded. It’s pretty amazing when you think about it. Is this the end of parity? I’m not sure if we’re there yet. Though I must say that a lot of teams have learned from the Pats these last few years that it’s all about cheap talent from the draft, and you have to be careful how you spend the $$$.

Granted, the Eagles went for broke and signed DE Kearse and WR Terrell Owens. Obviously, it’s worked out great. The only question throughout all of America is: Will TO play?

Ladies & Gentlemen, I’m here to tell you a few things:
1) I don’t think we have any female readers out there, so I’m never starting a sentence w/ the phrase “Ladies & Gentlemen” ever again ;
2) The Cohen family made a lot of money this year, since they bet the house on a Pats-Eagles Super Bowl – IN AUGUST! ;
3) It really won’t matter if TO plays, because there’s no way he’s 100% !!!

That’s right. Look at TO’s stats from the 2003 season in San Francisco. He wasn’t happy, he was slightly injured, and he just didn’t have the same explosiveness as usual. Ultimately, I don’t think it matters if TO plays because the AFC is SUPREME. If the AFC was Superman, the NFC would be his weak pathetic newspaper friend, Jimmy Olsen. Basically, w/o the Eagles unveiling some kind of kryptonite, they are not winning. The Patriots are amazing, because they can CHOOSE to be either a running team, or a passing team depending on the team that they are playing and the situation they are in. The Pats' coaches find ways to win. The Eagles coaches only find ways to eat more chicken wings. In the end, the Pats multi-faceted team should find a way to crack the Eagles D, and should go on to win a close game.

Final Score: 23-17

Finally, just to recap, I did go 2-0 that last week in the playoffs, so I finished at: 6-4. That sounds good, but for the playoffs, it’s actually terrible. Especially considering the fact that before the playoffs started, I predicted a Colts-Falcons Super Bowl. I was off by a bit you might say. Thanks Tony Dungy for failing again. I will never trust you ever again.

1 comment:

Mighty Mike said...

Best article of the year.

Vegas Line is Pats by 6.5 and over-under 46.5

I'll take the Pats and I'll take the over
Pats 37 - Eagles 27