Wednesday, August 22, 2007

FTB

When it comes to football, nothing gets me more steamed than when a coach-killing quitter talks shit from the safety of a television studio.

Just as Michael Irvin shouldn’t preach morals, just as Keyshawn Johnson shouldn’t preach selflessness, Tiki Barber shouldn’t be preaching leadership. What kind of leader – one who was the absolutely undisputed best player on his team – rips his own coach after tough losses? What kind of leader trash-talks former teammates? Tiki Barber, that’s who.

The Giants will stink this year because, between injuries, holdouts, and an inept front office, they lack the talent it takes to win football games. But my negativity, hatred, shame, and disgust for my hometown team are gone. No more Giant self-loathing. I am dedicating myself to rooting for this team and I hope the G-Men use Tiki’s words as motivation.

This is my message to the team, its coaches, and Giants fans alike: Let’s turn our backs on Tiki. He’s dead to us now. We never knew him and we’ll never speak of him again. Eli’s our guy and let’s make sure he makes Tiki look like the selfish prick he’s always been.

I’m ending this and all other NFL-related communications during the 2007 season with the acronym “FTB!” Guess what that stands for.

No comments: