Monday, November 03, 2008

Mike Singletary Drops His Pants

In case anyone else did not know, Mike Singletary, interim coach of the 49ers, gave a halftime speech where he "everyone to attention, dropped his pants and pointed to his rear end, to fully illustrate what the coach thought of his players' performance."

When asked about the absurd motivational speech, Singletary said:
"I used my pants to illustrate that we were getting our tails whipped on Sunday and how humiliating that should feel for all of us. I needed to do something to dramatize my point; there were other ways I could have done it, but I think this got the message across."

Singletary then "berated the team for three to four minutes with his pants around his ankles."

The team went on to lose that game 34-13. I have no idea why Singletary thought this would be helpful.

No comments: