Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mad Dog 20/20 and the Man of Steal

I haven't posted in that long because I have been underneath a ton of school work and family stuff but I figured I would post some praise about two players that are will headed to the HOF.  

The first, Mad Dog, aka The Professor aka Gurg Schmezer Maddux recently announced that he will be hanging up his glove and retiring.  Greg Maddux exemplified the intelligence in the game of baseball.  While being shrouded by the steroid epidemic, Greg used his brains on the mound.   With 4 Cy Youngs under his belt, 17 straight Gold Gloves, 355 career wins (8th all time)  and 3371 Ks (10th all time)he easily deserves to be in the HOF.  The question is whether he will gain the most percentage of votes by of the writers since Tom Seaver.  I mean who could not vote for Mad Dog.  Even Kitsch's bitches are familiar with Mad Dog.   But I guess we are talking about the same people who voted for Edinson Volquez for Rookie of the Year when he wasn't even eligible.  I look forward to listening to the Professor's lecture from the podium in a few years.








The second person is a slight contradiction to the Professor.  It was announced earlier that he was going to placed on the ballot.  I am sure that Rickey Henderson will be a first ballot winner as well.  He might not be the most well spoken person, but he sure could steal bases.    And even he did not lead the ML in bases stolen, runs, have 3000 hits, and an MVP award, he should be in the HOF because of his oratory abilities.  When asked about why he chose to steal bases head first he said, " wanted to know how to dive into the base because I was getting strawberries on my knees and strawberries on my ass... I was thinking about head-first versus feet-first, and wondering which would save my body." 

The man who refers to himself in the third person will grace the HOF next summer, and I will most definately TIVO the speech that he makes, it will be fantastic.




No comments: