Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week 16 - Let's Get Dangerous!

I caught part of a Batman movie this week which somehow reminded me of Darkwing Duck in my mind. As a result, this week's games are dedicated to Darkwing Duck, a fantastic show that should be brought back for the joy of all American youth. For those who don't know, Darkwing Duck was a spinoff from the DuckTales series as it included the worst pilot ever, Launchpad McQuack. The focus of Darkwing Duck was essentially to be a Batman spoof, starring Darkwing Duck who had a cape and all sorts of gadgets including a gas gun, a motorcycle, and even a theme song that said: "When there's trouble you call DW!" Darkwing Duck battled villains that were eerily similar to Batman's (i.e. Dr. Bushroot = Poison Ivy ; Quackerjack = The Joker).
Note: The following Darkwing Duck quotes come from a wikiquote webpage.

Manwich Matchup of the Week #1
CAR @ Giants - The schedule-makers are looking like geniuses with BOTH conferences having homefield advantage on the line this week. Personally, I still like the Giants to get their act back together.
Pick: Giants

Manwich Matchup of the Week #2
Pitt @ Tennessee - The Titans are who we thought they were... an average playoff team.
Pick: Pitt

Upset of the Week
New Orleans @ Detroit -"I could've had a life, but no-oo, I chose to be a clown, in a mask and a cape! All I need are floppy shoes and a bozo nose!"
It's time for everyone to stop laughing at the Lions... this is their chance to avoid being immortalized as a winless team!
Pick: Detroit

Opening Round Playoff Game #5
Baltimore @ Dallas - "Suck gas, Evildoer!"
I hope QB Tony Romo says that to the Ravens, as the Cowboys further damage the Ravens playoff chances. The loser of this game may very well be on the outside looking in of the playoff picture.
Pick: Dallas

Opening Round Playoff Game #6
Philly @ Washington - "You'd think criminal masterminds would be more punctual!"
That quote is completely irrelevant, but so are the Redskins at this point, whose playoff chances are hanging by a thread.
Pick: Philly

Opening Round Playoff Game #7
Arizona @ NE- "Oh great. Another pun obsessed supervillian."
Again, I don't think the Cardinals are going to be acting as desperate this week, what with the Patriots' backs against the wall.
Pick: New England

Opening Round Playoff Game #8
ATL @ Minny -Now this game is a doozy! The Vikings got a huge win last weekend, but a loss would cause all kinds of problems for them. The Falcons are still desperate for yet another win. Who would have thought a Matt Ryan vs. Tavaris Jackson matchup would determine the NFC playoffs? This is an extremely difficult game to pick, so I will just go with the home team.
Pick: Minny

Opening Round Playoff Game #9
SD @ Tampa- "I am the zit that forms when you've got a really big date!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
I think the "zit" for Tampa is their injury problems to QB Jeff Garcia. Also, I just want to see a SD-Denver matchup in the final weekend with a win-or-go-home scenario.
Pick: SD

Indy @ Jacksonville - "I am the itch you cannot reach!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
Pick: Indy

San Francisco @ St. Louis- "I am the papercut that ruins your morning!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
Pick: San Fran

Cincy @ Cleveland- "I am the lollipop that sticks in your hair!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
I've never seen a QB more scared than QB Ken Dorsey this past Monday... also, the Browns never sweep the Bengals, and this season will certainly be no different. Just to complain a little bit more, the Browns were in a prevent defense for about 90% of Monday's game where they dropped 8 guys every down. The funny thing about it was that the 8 guys each would go to a specific spot on the field w/o regard for where the receivers were. I think there are 13-year olds who know how to run a zone better than these guys.
Pick: Cincy

Miami @ KC -"I am the special news bulletin that interrupts your favorite show!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
Pick: Miami

Houston @ Oakland- "I am the cholesterol that clogs your arteries!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
Apparently, according to NFL.com, the Texans have already been eliminated. If you go back in the season, I think that hearbreaking close losses to the Jags and Colts early on were the ones they'd regret. However, we've seen in the past that huge winning streaks do usually carry over to the next season. Don't forget also - the Texans were an 8-8 team last season, so this isn't completely out of nowhere.
Pick: Houston

Jets @ Seattle- "I am the auditor that wants to look at your books!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
Pick: Jets

Buffalo @ Denver-"I am the fast food that comes back to haunt you!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
I just want to see a SD-Denver matchup next weekend, with a win-or-go-home scenario, so that way, the Chargers can seek revenge for that controversial week 2 loss.
Pick: Buffalo

Green Bay @ Chicago- "I am the electrician who short-circuits the power lines of crime!... I am Darkwing Duck!"
I think that Chicago can take care of business here.
Pick: Chicago

Last Week: 12-4 (by far, my best week of the year)
Season: 129-94-1
Manwich: 9-7 (the Cowboys came through against the Giants)
Upset of the Week: 1-14 (The Saints fell short against the Bears.)

No comments: