Monday, January 19, 2009

MMBSD: Black Sunday



And so this Sunday or in Cleveland fandom Black Sunday as we'll probably be referring to it, came to pass. The two teams that I've grown to hate more than any other in the entire universe. The dreaded, hated and yes feared Yinzers. Awful scum of the Earth that have dirty hits and play Santana when an opposing any players is carted off the field. And they were hosting the Ratthugs. You know the team that idiolizes Stabby Mcstabber. The city that laughed when it stole the Brownies. Plus its fucking Baltimore. The city that even makes its murder rate boring. And so on January 18th, 2009 I sat and considered how did things come to this? Had the universe truly conspired against me? How could I change the alignment of things?

My first thought was to handle things old school...human sacrifice for the football gods


Mighty Mike on Saturday Afternoon

However apparantly Bush decided against executive order #2508 which would have made any Biblical or Ancient Sumerian Act legal. So I had to come up with a new plan. If I couldn't change the game maybe I could drug myself to make it bearable. What in the world could make me happy enough to stand the game?



Mighty's Workstation

Yeah that's good but I need something bigger.....


Ok that did it. Crisis averted on Black Sunday. Thanks Selma Hayek. Without you I couldn't have watched the game.



Jesus Makes Sure Warner Wins Stops Pass Interference Call
On the other end of the highly succesful extreme has been the Nomadic Cardinals. Cursed for reasons lost to history, the Cardinals were doomed to wander the Earth without home and without victories. At least until Warner, Wisenhunt and apparently Jesus set up shop. Maybe Jesus needed to work on his golf game. I dunno. I'm not a religious expert. But according to Warner he drew up some fancy trick plays, transformed Larry Fitzgerald into one part ballerina one part terminator, and stopped a pass interference call late in the fourth quarter. Or something like that. I'd have to be awfully cynical not to smile a little bit for Adrian Wilson who's stuck around the Cardinals for this moment.


Other Random Stuff
  • For those following College Basketball an outstanding weekend. The depth this year in college basketball is truly amazing. The number of quality teams and quality games is certainly the highest level in years. At the top of the pyramid (at least according to me) is Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons boast right now my player of the year (Jeff Teague) at least 2 other true NBA prospects and are still undefeated after defeating previously unbeaten Clemson at Clemson
  • The other big win was Duke over Georgetown. In an attempt to transfer over College Football a burning question is who is better ACC or Big East. Similiar to college football this matters for bids. Duke handling of Georgetown could play dividends for the non-Big East
  • I realize I've been beating the Orlando drum for awhile now but after sweeping a West Coast trip including a win at the Forum Orlando is now looking like the best team in the NBA. My sense is that fact will be suddenly "discovered" after they beat Boston on Thursday and the Cavs struggle without West and Z.

No comments: