Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our Thoughts From The Beginning of the Season on the Arizona Cardinals

I thought it would be fun to sample some of our views of the Cardinals from August and September, just when the season was getting under way... enjoy!

Mighty: included Arizona in his "NFC Crazy" Playoff predictions and reiterated, "I said crazy dammit"

Even better is Mighty's views from August on the Cardinals: "I swear every year might be THE year that the Cardinals get into the playoffs. And every year they disappoint. Perpetual teases (much like Autumn Reeser) Last year they got close at 8-8 but as always fell short."

MJ commented on the article and said: "Arizona has a guy that came from a good coaching school (Sgt. Slaughter) but, come on, it's Arizona. They're still deciding between Matt Leinert and Brenda Warner's husband."

Gutsy: In my preview, I said only: "Kurt Warner... he's back! [say it like the girl in Poltergeist]" and predicted they would be in 2nd place and out of the playoffs.

Gutsy: In my week 2 prediction of the Miami vs. Arizona game, I said: "The Kurt Warner career kind of reminds me of ska music. It was wildly successful for a small amount of time, but it now seems like a novelty whenever you hear ska music, or whenever you see Kurt Warner play."

No comments: