Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hitman's Hit List: The Top 5 Teams I Root For, For No Particular Reason



I'm with you, Cramer. The Tournament is enough to make my head spin! Here are the five teams I root for annually for no particular reason:

5. Western Carolina: It's been a while since we've seen the Catamounts...but in 1996, as a #16 seed, they took Purdue to the brink and lost only by 2 points. I'm still rooting for a #16 to finally win one, and whoever does it will carry the spirit of WCU into history.

4. Chattanooga: The Mocs! Anyone remember in '97 when they took out #3 seed Georgia and #6 seed Illinois? Love the Mocs!

3. Syracuse: I've just always liked Syracuse. Jim Boeheim's teams are fun to root for. I also flat out love Otto and long for the ESPN commercials in which he got his ass kicked regularly.

2. The MAAC Champion: Best set of team names in any conference in the country! The Gaels (Iona), Golden Griffins (Canisius), and Jaspers (Manhattan) lead the charge. Also, this stealth conference will sneak up on anyone who confuses the MAC with the MAAC. It doesn't hurt that this year, Siena takes up the torch for the MAAC against the F*ckeyes. Go Saints!

1. Western Kentucky: I've rooted for the Hilltoppers ever since they marched to the Sweet 16 in 1993 as a #7 seed. Why are they first on this list, though? Easy. They have the BEST MASCOT EVER - Big Red!

No comments: