Monday, July 12, 2010

Sometimes A Rose Is Just A Rose...

...and sometimes an emotional rant in the face of bad news is just that and nothing more.

No one should minimize the contributions that Rev. Jesse Jackson has made in speaking up for the victims of tyranny, injustice and racial intolerance. But, when it comes to sports, I’ve found that Jesse Jackson should pick his spots more carefully.

I don’t know where Jackson read veiled racism in Gilbert’s comments but he was way, way off base in my opinion. And, really, should he be casting stones when he’s made his own overtly offensive blunders?

Rev. Jackson: you’re a good man. But STFU once in a while...

1 comment:

Mighty Mike said...

I agree. I'm usually sympathetic but I fail to detect "racism" let alone ownership type mentality. There seems to be a dividing line between those that think HOW Lebron acted mattered and those that see HOW he acted as normal business.