Monday, March 07, 2005

3 Sided Die

As an unofficial contributor thus far, and in the semi-exclusive role of contrarian and general irritant, I would now like to make my first official blog posting on this page.

If I had to pick my favorite time of the baseball season based on the parameters set by Mikey and Hart, I would have to say that August/September is my favorite time of the baseball year. During that time, the contenders separate themselves from the pretenders, teams in the Wild Card hunt jockey for position and fans have something to do when they get home from work during the hot, muggy summer. What's better than getting home, taking off your suit and cracking a cold one in front of the couch and getting to spend the next 3 hours of your night watching the Great American Game?

I'll tell you what's better...WINTER MEETINGS. Without a doubt, that is the best part of the baseball season. It is a time of raising expectations and increasing hope. It is a time when the mercury reads -15 but the temperature inside a baseball fan's heart is over 100. Think about it: just 2 months after the conclusion of the World Series, we're talking baseball again. The big trades, the big signings, the drama of free agents picking your team over the next guy's. That's what makes baseball unique. The off-season is by far more interesting than any of the other sports' off-seasons.

Give that 3 sided die a 4th side I say!

1 comment:

Mighty Mike said...

Yeah but the winter meetings have toxic levels of rich white people and Peter Gammons. If I was going to watch rich white people I'd watch the British House of Commons better known as the US Congress w/ a two drink minimum.