Monday, March 31, 2008

Final Four of 1-seeds

The Final 4 is here... and from purely a basketball perspective, it should be a phenomenal weekend with all 1-seeds duking it out. To be honest, I can't wait to see what will happen, because anything truly is possible.

However, I can't stop the anger that's been building up inside of me, since Davidson fell short of knocking off Kansas. All 1-seeds in the Final 4? It's never happened before. From a bracketology perspective, I've never been more mad.

I feel like I'm Bruce Banner, just trying to keep the Incredible Hulk inside me during my morning commute through rush hour...

UNC, Kansas, Memphis, and UCLA just rewarded all the spineless, gutless, slugs out there who pick all the 1-seeds!!!!!!!!!!

As most of the readers probably know, it is my dream to one day pick the entire Final 4. I may not have picked all of the Final 4 correctly this year, but you know what? I would be ASHAMED if I had done it this year! Picking all the 1-seeds is the biggest cop-out! So, if anyone ever tells me that they once picked the Final 4 correctly, I will immediately have one follow up question: "Is it because you picked all the 1-seeds during 2008?" And if the answer is "yes," then I will know that that person has no balls. No guts. No glory... and a big fat asterisk next to their accomplishment, maybe even bigger than the one that Barry Bonds has. I may never pick the entire Final 4 correctly, but if there's one thing I still have left, it is my DIGNITY.

No comments: