Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Crean and Crimson

Wow. Who saw this coming. I wonder what IU is paying Tom Crean? My guess is about 2.5 million (the announcement today said 2.3 million), I mean, I thought he was making about 1.7 million at Marquette - and to come to a school facing additional sanctions (though IU really doesn't deserve any additional sanctions), and a program is in complete disarray, with Dumbass Dakich kicking the 2 best remaining players off the team. So, my analysis of this - is that it made my day. All of a sudden it doesn't matter that my computer has booted for its last time - IU has a basketball program again - there is hope! I mean, Crean was my top choice when we were dicking around and ended up hiring Sampson. The rumor at the time was that we couldn't afford Crean. Thus, I am very pleasantly surprised that we came up with the money now! Anyhow - its a good day to be a Hoosier - and there haven't been many of those lately. And if I were Eric Gordon, I'd look at what Crean did with Dwayne Wade and consider staying another year.

No comments: