Sunday, August 10, 2008

Watching the Olympics on Direct TV

I started to watch the Olympics this morning and as I was watching the US suck it up in the seconds against those crazy Flying Dutchmen in football, I noticed a little red menu button on my TV screen that said Menu. I pushed it out of curiousity and a menu came up saying NBC Olympics Guide, Medal Count and Today's Trivia. When I picked the NBC Olympics Guide it gave me an entire schedule of all of the Olympics TV coverage including horse dancing, which I find quite funny. The really cool thing is that NBC/Direct TV (not sure if they have it on Comcast) has two channels each devoted to basketball and football (soccer for you Yankees). I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. Maybe I am behind the times. This is the first time that I have been interested in the Olympics. It is very cool to flip between watching Yao Ming take on Kobe live and turn to the the football channel and watch the South Koreans take on the might Italian Sausages. Great coverage. The menu feature also gives tracking medal coverage and some fun filled trivia about the Olympics. If only they could contract with Nintendo and I could use my Wii remotes to play basketball or table tennis along with the Olympians.

No comments: