- There's an old adage is you don't win Super Bowls in September but you do lose them. I'm sure there's some statistical probability behind it that I'm too lazy check up on but I think it's safe to once again eliminate the Browns by the end of Week 1. Still QB problems, still no playmakers (on offense) and still no offensive coordinator.
- Hmm. What to make of the Texans first ever win versus the Colts? On one hand it's the culmination of a slow building process. On the other, how long have we been hearing this is the Texans year? At minimum the win does I think say to me to keep a closer eye as maybe just maybe...this year is different.
- It seemed fitting that no matter who the QB is for the Eagles they still can't convert on short yardage plays. Bad play calling from Andy Reid doomed the Iggles against the Packers. With Kolb out with a concussion and a defense not really dominant I'm willing to eliminate the Eagles from the Super Bowl conversation as well.
- The ACC Sucks - I hate making generalizations about an entire conference but the ACC was simply horrid this past week. Miami and FSU lost definitively, G-Tech choked against Kansas, and V-Tech lost to James Fucking Madison. Let me repeat that James Madison. The ACC's futility can only harm Boise State's (or James Madison's) march to the national championship.
- Changing with the wind - That's me with Oklahoma. Initially I had them in the championship game, then after an awful week 1 I jumped ship, now after demolishing FSU..umm...not sure. Perhaps week 1 was a fluke or maybe week 2 was...they are I think headed for a collision with Nebraska to win the Big 12 and that I'll stick with...until next week...
- Western Speed - Outside of 'Bama, has any team down South looked that good? Maybe South Carolina, possibly Florida but everyone else has looked mediocre at best. The team that has stood out to me (at least in terms of speed) so far this year has been Oregon. Their offensive output the past two weeks could put them into a darkhorse role for the BCS Championship game.
- Kevin Durant was the key figure in USA gold medal at the FIBA Championship. I wonder with a number of NBA stars throwing their popularity down the toilet if Durant will become immensely more popular this year
- Rumor has it that the Bulls are considering trading for Carmelo Anthony (in exchange for Noah/Deng/insert name). I hate concern trolling but I don't think this move will work out in the Bulls favor
- If your into that whole baseball thing I recommend following the NL West chase. 3 teams, .5 game (as of writing this), and I believe the losers are fed to the Rancor.