Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 3 - Vick or Kolb?

The endless debate of Vick or Kolb has caused even the coach of the Eagles to change his mind in just a span of 24 hours. Granted, I think either decision is defensible. It's an interesting decision because on one hand, you have a former all-pro (Vick), but on the other hand, you are paying $12 million (Kolb) for someone that you wanted to do more than hold a clipboard. I think it will be interesting to see what happens with the Eagles every week from here on out.

On to the games!

Manwich Matchup of the Week
Jets @ Dolphins - Honestly, who made the NFL schedule for the Jets??? They've already faced the Ravens and the Patriots and now get the Dolphins. This is a game that is a complete tossup. I think I'm going to give the Dolphins the edge, only because the Dolphins I think can physically take advantage of the Jets... and Revis is dinged up... and Jets' WR Braylon Edwards committed a DUI. I will take this brief moment to discuss how Braylon's DUI disgusts me more than the normal DUI... because Braylon was with Donte Stallworth drinking all night... and Donte ended up accidentally killing someone at the end of that night. How could Braylon go drinking and driving after that awful experience hitting so close to home?
Pick: Dolphins

Upset of the Week
ATL @ New Orleans - This is a very important divisional matchup for both teams... The Falcons are 4-point underdogs... and I think they can do this! Especially because the Saints have looked rather normal through their first two games... as they've been unable to put up that many points.
Pick: ATL

Opening Round Playoff Game #3
Teams that have been eliminated: Cleveland, St. Louis
Oakland @ Arizona - Oakland survived last week's elimination game versus St. Louis by benching Jason Campbell and going with... Bruce Gradkowski! Wow. Just for the record, Gradkowski has 16 career starts... and a lousy career rating of 66.0! Meanwhile, Arizona's suddenly realizing that gunslinging Derek Anderson can be quite inconsistent... but their alternative is a rookie QB named Max Hall, who sounds like some kind of action hero from a Saturday morning cartoon. I have no idea who he is, so I looked it up, and it turns out he's from BYU, and put up solid numbers there for whatever it's worth. Eesh. Something tells me I should go with the home team here.
Pick: Arizona

Fantasy Football Game of Interest
Dallas @ Houston - This game is of interest not just for fantasy purposes (Romo, Dallas RBs???, Austin, Schaub, Foster, Andre Johnson, K. Walter) but for determining the best team in Texas. And for seeing if Houston can get another amazing win... and if the Cowboys can really start out at 0-3! I will be very curious to see how this plays out...
Pick: Houston

Other Games
Tenn @ Giants- Pick: Giants (sidenote - the Brandon Jacobs story of throwing his helmet into the stands by accident is one of my favorite stories of this young season! Sadly this has led to him not playing as Coach Tom Coughlin does not put up with that kind of nonsense. On a sidenote, I cut him from my fantasy team this week.)
Buff @ Pats- Pick: Pats
Cleve @ Baltimore - Pick: Ravens by 17
Pitt @ Tampa - Pick: Pitt ( I would be really, really surprised if Tampa starts 3-0)
Cincy @ CAR - Pick: Cincy
San Fran @ KC - Pick: San Fran (I would be really, really surprised if KC starts 3-0. Note that Tampa and KC are both undefeated because they take advantage of playing the Cleveland Browns)
Detroit @ Minny- Pick: Detroit (does anyone else realize how incredibly close Detroit is to being 2-0?!?!? I would love it if Detroit beats Minnesota to make the Vikings 0-3!)
Wash @ St. Louis- Pick: Washington
Philly @ Jacksonville- Pick: Philly
Indy @ Denver - Pick: Indy
SD @ Seattle- Pick: SD
GB @ Chicago- Pick: Green Bay (early showdown of two 2-0 teams... but Bears didn't deserve victory in week 1 against Detroit)

Last Week: 9-7 (not so hot, again)
Season: 18-14
Manwich: 2-0 (The Colts took some of their aggression over week 1's loss on the Giants)
Upset of the Week: 1-1 (The Dolphins did it! They took advantage of enough Favre mistakes to spring the upset)

2 comments:

Mighty Mike said...

I really want to throw up my hands for doing predictions. I'll say Minny hangs on against Detroit and I'll say the Jets win because evil triumphs because good is dumb

MJ said...

Ugh, have I taught you people nothing? The Giants are the definition of mediocrity. Tennessee should win this game easily.

As for Brandon Jacobs, I told you two years ago how overrated he was. He's seriously running the risk of being cut before the season ends.