Monday, April 18, 2005

Questions, Questions

Well due to time constraints I have decided instead of my usual witty commentary merely to ask a number of quesitons to provoke and insult Also I'm asking questions because my contract forbids me from using fan mail as filler. So here we go

Mt. Steinbrenner?

Well the Yanks are off to a slow start. A-Rod, at least in the clutch, is almost as big of a choke as the Cavs are (don't even get me started on them). The pitching staff has been preocupied with social security changes and has been shelled. Lurking in the background if of course Grand Moff Steinbrenner (fear will keep this team in line, fear of this battlestation). So my question is how long until Steinbrenner use the Death Star against the Yankees and/or replaces them with cheap Chinese imports.

Baseball in DC?
Apparently they have baseball in the metro-DC area. In fact they have two teams now. Both are doing well. According to my inside sources (read listening to sports radio) Tejada is not only the best shortstop at the moment but has fully returned to his MVP playing form. Can this continue? Does he also play for the Nationals or has Bush just decreed that all Washington teams must win (I think that was following his decree that every second Sunday he gets a pony ride)

NFL Draft?
I have feeling that there's going to be a lot of wheeling and dealing. Lot of teams are looking to trade down, Minnesota has 2-3 opportunities to forget to draft a player and I think even Mo gets a compensatory draft pick in between rounds 2 -3. Where will the first trade be? Will da Bears do anything to help their team? Would it be humanly possible for the Browns to have a worse draft than last year (note last year at the end of the season the Browns had exactly 0 of last year's draft picks playing)

(On a final note I have been fairly impressed with the ChiSox retooled pitching staff but its also in my contract never ever to say anything nice about anything involving the South Side of Chicago).

No comments: