Thursday, August 03, 2006

Big XII Is Big Joke

Growing up in New York and going to school at a Division-III university, college football was never a big part of my early sports life. But over the past six or seven years I’ve noticed that I’m getting more and more excited by it. I’m not the resident expert on all things NCAA as I’m a baseball man by temperament and training. But I do know that any bad news for the Big XII is good news for me.

Hopefully this screws the Big XII badly enough that the University of Texas won’t get their usual ass-kissing from the BCS voters. With Oklahoma’s season likely in the toilet, UT now officially plays a soft schedule. Please, PLEASE let this be the year that voters realize how soft the Big XII has become. How many times do we need to see a .500 team in the Big XII conference title game getting its head handed to it by OU or UT? Anyway, OU, UT, and Big XII fans can now suck it. Defending champions, my ass...

No comments: