Monday, February 04, 2008

One Last Time: FTB

On August 22nd, 2007, I said this:

“The Giants will stink this year because, between injuries, holdouts, and an inept front office, they lack the talent it takes to win football games. But my negativity, hatred, shame, and disgust for my hometown team are gone. No more Giant self-loathing. I am dedicating myself to rooting for this team and I hope the G-Men use Tiki’s words as motivation.”

Too bad I wasn’t able to stay true to my word. The Giants surprised the hell out of me, the way I’m sure they surprised most people, including the New England Patriots. Not for a minute do I believe that my analysis of the team was wrong. They never should’ve beaten Dallas. They never should’ve beaten Green Bay. They certainly never should’ve beaten New England. But that’s all behind us now. They won the Super Bowl and I couldn’t be happier.

But you know what I’m happiest about? That I don’t have to think about the acronym “FTB” any longer. He wants to tell us that he’s happy in retirement and doesn’t have any regrets about not being on the team this year? Sure, I’ll buy that. The feeling is mutual...totally and completely mutual.


Have fun running around in women’s underwear, you worthless loser. FTB over and out.

No comments: