Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm in an ornery mood...

...so it brings me a certain amount of malevolent pleasure to report that Kellen Winslow II was hurt in a motorcycle accident last night. I should say that I'm glad it wasn't fatal since I don't root for people's deaths.

But...

Winslow is another example of an NFL player who behaves like a jerk 24/7. He is a Grade A arrogant scumbag that flaunts and taunts and showboats but hasn't attained the level of success in real life that he has in his own fantasy land taking place in that barren space between his ears. I hope Romeo takes Winslow's contract and runs it through the paper shredder.

PS -- I'm also pretty pleased that Kerry Wood is down for the count again. I'm still scratching my head as to why the Cubs let Matt Clement walk when they probably should've known that Wood and Prior are pretty fragile fellows and that the likelihood of both being healthy enough for 35 starts was a pretty remote one. It seems to me that Clement's $25M contract with Boston would've been a good insurance policy to pay for the Cubs.

PPS -- Mikey/Hart, no hard feelings that I'm ripping on your clubs today. It's nothing personal, I can assure you. I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and I'm in the mood to shred pro athletes this morning.

3 comments:

Mighty Mike said...

I think Winslow is yet another symbol of why I hate Butch Davis. Even when he found talent (possibly using a roadmap and a flashlight) the people he did draft have attitudes and/or mental instabilities. After what Jay Williams went through you think every single athlete on the planet would avoid motorcyles. Not our tight end soldier. In exchange for screwing the team I have a feeling his bonuses are going the way of the Yankees batting average (e.g. in the toilet)

Hitman said...

Fair enough, Mo - but out of curiosity, where exactly is the "right side" of your bed? :)

MJ said...

The right side of my bed is, naturally, opposite the left side.

Touché Mikey, touché...