Thursday, December 06, 2007

Cheers and Jeers: Gorilla Smile Edition

Ingredients: What makes Gorilla smile? Well it could be this tasty alcohol treat. It could be air conditioning. But more generally its presents. Luckily for gorillas (and Cheers and Jeers) its Hannukah. A magical time of year where according to the sage Maimonides "we have 8 crazy nights". To be fair d back then there was no Nintendo Wii. However the underlying idea is still with us...everybody likes presents. So what presents would C&J hand out?

A Brain for Joe Gibbs
Poor Joe Gibbs. Poor Poor Senile Oops I Crapped my Pants Wearing Jesus Abandoned Can't Buy a Close Victory Joe Gibbs. I remember when he was competent. I think Cheers was on then. But maybe with a brain Joe Gibbs can rise above the mediocrity. If that doesn't work maybe a heart, some courage or a balloon ride to teetolling Kansas will.

Artificial Turf for Heinz Field
Yes for the first and only time there will be a gift for the Yinzers. Heinz Field these days wishes it could look as nice as a demolition derby floor. Short of Honduras' Field o'Broken Glass, Heinz field is the worst stadium in North America. Its an embarrassment. It possibly gives them an unfair advantage as only Roethlisberger knows the spots for the sink holes, tar pits and where ROUS hang out. So please somebody get them turf or bags of sand or something. It just demeans us all.

Friendlies for Peter King
I stumbled across the friendlies. I think they are a cheap Chinese rip-offs off the teletubbies. Which probably means they contain lead, iodine , chlorine and plutonium-234. Also frankly they scare the hell out me. I'm pretty convinced that if old Pete King starred at these creatures long enough they could steal what remains of his soul freeing up his column for someone with talent, a sense of humor or a connection to humanity.

Hot Girl Mud Wrestling Contest for the Super Bowl
Tom Petty is the half time show for the Super Bowl? Fuck that. Fuck Tom Petty. Fuck the FCC. Give the people what they want. They paid for bi-curious grappling. Wait my editor tells me that photo is from the Pittsburgh v. Miami game. Dammit. Who screens this shit?

Calvin and Hobbes for Mighty Mike
Because its been a long year.....


Revenge for tOSU and the Big 10
You know things are bad when one of the top michigan blogs is rooting for OSU against LSU. Despite the Big 10 going 2-1 against the SEC in bowl games last year the humiliating beatdowns of its top 2 teams last year has ushered in an era of "SEC Speed" and "Big 10 is worse than the ACC". Every national douchebag err commentator has poo-pooed the Big 10. There's only one way to end this. OSU must beat LSU. If they don't the Big 10 won't sniff the championship game for years. There's no two ways about it. Jim Tressel at his last press conference gave these cryptic remarks:
Looked dead, didn't I? But I wasn't. But it wasn't from lack of trying, I can tell you that. Actually, SEC's last bullet put me in a coma - A coma I was to lie in for a year. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a 'roaring rampage of revenge.' I roared. And I rampaged. And I got bloody satisfaction. I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I have only one more. The last one. The one I'm driving to right now. The only one left. And when I arrives at my destination, I am gonna kill LES MILES.
I'm not sure what that means either but suffice to say the Sweatervest is pissed.....


The Sean Taylor Memorial Beatdown of the Week:
This week's beatdown goes to Pittsburgh over West Virginia. Its not the score that made it a beatdown but the end result. To end your rivals national championship hopes on their own field? To knock their heisman hopeful QB out? For your head coach to eat the heart of the other coach at the 50 yard line? Yes that my friends is a beatdown that will last generations.

And of course your C&J gal of the week......Evangine Lilly (from Esquire Magazine)

No comments: