Monday, October 25, 2010

Are you Saner than an SEC Coach?

If that coach is Derek Dooley...the answer is yes. And I don't care who you are. The answer is always yes. I've watched the video of Tennessee's head coach Derek Dooley's press conference a few times and the number of questions I have about comparing your team to Nazis is really limitless. I'm still not sure what he said or why he said it or what drugs he's on or what drugs he should be on. Watch the video and see if you can make heads or tails of it.

"Right now we're like the Germans in World War II. Here comes the boats, they're coming. You have the binoculars, and it's like, 'Oh, my God, the invasion is coming.' That's what they did, they were in the bunkers. It's coming, they call Rommel -- they can't find Rommel. (Pretending to speak into a radio.) 'What do we do? I'm not doing anything until I get orders.' (Pretends to look through binoculars.) 'Have you gotten Rommel yet?'

"All right, and the Americans were the exact opposite. We hit the beach, and we were on the wrong spot. 'What do we do?' 'I don't know, but these guys are firing and we better hide over there and blow some stuff up to get up there.' They weren't looking for (help). That's where we've got to make that transition.

"I don't want the German people to get upset at me. I'm not attacking them, but that's what happened. You had one group, they weren't worried about what the plan was and orders and all that. When the war hits, things change. You've got to go. You had the other group, and they go, 'Wait a minute. They told us the invasion was way further north' where we had the empty tanks and we were hiding Patton out. 'We weren't ready for this, now what do we do?' 'We better wait until Rommel tells us what to do.'

"I hope I got my names right."

1 comment:

Gutsy Goldberg said...

i can't follow this at all. i'm just baffled!