Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Introduction

So, I realize I never formally introduced myself to the other contributors on here. I am currently a Ph.D. candidate at IU. I went to school at Penn, and I'm from Cleveland. Thus, I have a particular interest in Cleveland teams, Philly sports, Ivy league sports, and Big 10 sports (and, most obviously, the Hoosiers). I will be contributing mainly on these, but I also have an interest in Sabremetrics and other statistically related sports analysis. So, Gutsy and Mike - who were big fans of the Cleveland trade - I'll give it another month (until the Cavs lose in the first round of the playoffs), but I feel like my instantaneous analysis of the Cleveland megatrade has borne more truth than your instantaneous analysis of the trade. Team chemistry matters, and a contributing Gooden is a hell of a lot better than a back-spasming, needs a cane to walk, Wallace. And why can't any perimeter shooters that Cleveland picks up continue to shoot once they get here? My theory is not enough PT or game situation shots. Wally is going the way of Marshall, and West is just as inconsistent and irrelevant as Larry Hughes was. All I can say is before the trade we were winning (like 70-80% of our games) when we were healthy, and we were a .500 team when we were not. Now, we're a sub .500 team. I haven't done the stats... but... the trade stinks.

No comments: