Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oh Canada!!

Since I am sure that no one else is going to preview the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, I figured I would give it a shot. I still think that the Stanley Cup is one of the most grueling heart wrenching playoffs know to man. Where else would you have players go out with torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and whatever and play for what seems like 2 months straight. The Stanley Cup has gotta be the best trophy of any sport as well. You can't bring the Lombardi trophy to your hometown and drink bootlegged Swedish vodka out of it. Although I haven't really been paying attention to hockey this year, I will give my run down of what I feel will happen in the playoffs.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

DET/EDM-Even if Chris Chelios is playing at 55 years old and Steve Yzerman has more hardware in him than Robocop, this team still has it and will easily brush by the Oilers (who farmed out their Oilfields to the Inuits)

DAL/COL-I hate Texas, Mike Modano and now live in Denver so I have to go with the hometown favorite, the Avs. I have had Avalanche beer and it is quite tasty...still looking forward to being in an avalanche next year while snowboarding.

CAL/ANA - Always loved the Flames and never understood why grown men would wear a uniform that had Emilio Estevez as the coach. Now if Emilio was actually coaching them, then perhaps they could win

NAS/SAN - Since a Shark is a Predator, the Sharks win...and who names their team the Predators...if Jesse the Body gets cut in half by their mascot at intermission, then I think they would win

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NJD/NYR-The Rangers haven't really made it that far in the playoffs since Messier was playing there...oh wait isn't he still playing. Still like the Devils

TAM/OTT-Honkey should never have been in Dixie land...or maybe it should because of the lack of minorities in it. I still like the Canadians representing here.

CAR/MON-Gotta love Car...go Car go!

PHI/BUF-Wait, Buffalo has been the laughing stock of the NHL for years...they are in the playoffs. Still it snows alot up there, which is hockey weather and I hate the town/streets of Philadelphia, so go Sabs.

Later Rounds:
Western:

DET/COL: DET, without Claude Lemieux the Wings will be fine
CAL/SAN: Still like the Canadians
Eastern:

OTT/BUFF Oh Canada
NJD/CAR Go Car Go

Conference Finals: DET over CAL, because Konstantinov will be taking over for Chelios
OTT/CAR: CAR

Stanley Cup: Lord Stanley will be coming home to the Motor City again...and it will be taken to Russia so that Communism will collapse around the cup

No comments: