Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What Are The Rules?

One of the many goals I have in my life is to say that I’ve been to all 30 major league ballparks. As of April 9th, 2006, I had been to 10 of the 30 (in the following order):

Yankee Stadium (Bronx, NY)
Shea Stadium (Queens, NY)
Busch Stadium (St. Louis, MO)
US Cellular Field (Chicago, IL)
Wrigley Field (Chicago, IL)
Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Baltimore, MD)
Citizens Bank Ballpark (Philadelphia, PA)
RFK Stadium (Washington, DC)
Rogers Centre (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Coors Field (Denver, CO)

Now that there is a new Busch Stadium, now that there are new homes in the works for the Yankees, Mets, and Nationals, will I be able to count those among the parks I've visited? Have I only been to nine ballparks instead of 10? Will that list drop down to six by 2010? Did the 20 or so games that I attended at the old ballpark in St. Louis ever happen? What about the nearly 100 that I've attended in my own hometown?

Someone please tell me what proper etiquette is on this matter.

No comments: