Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Day – Baseball 2006

With an intro like that, I must step to the plate and do my best as the American League Baseball Fellow of the Buck O’Neil Institute for Baseball Excellence.

I fully intended to break my predictions down by division but I never had the time to give it the comprehensive treatment it deserved. For that reason, I’ll give my quick picks. After all, it’s not like I’ll have a shortage of opinions or things to say during the season.

AL East: 1. New York Yankees. 2. Boston Red Sox. 3. Toronto Blue Jays. 4. Tampa Bay Devil Rays. 5. Baltimore Orioles.

AL Central: 1. Chicago White Sox. 2. Cleveland Indians. 3. Minnesota Twins/Detroit Tigers (tie). 5. Kansas City Royals.

AL West: 1. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. 2. Oakland A’s. 3. Seattle Mariners. 4. Texas Rangers.

AL Wildcard: Boston Red Sox

ALDS: Yankees over White Sox/Red Sox over Angels

ALCS: Yankees over Red Sox

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez

AL Cy Young: Rich Harden

AL Rookie of the Year: Francisco Liriano

No comments: