Sunday, January 22, 2006

Blogging the Championship Games: Part I

So I thought it would be a good idea to record my thoughts as I’m watching this weekends set of games. Here goes part I: Denver v. Pittsburgh .

Pre-Game Talk

It is reported that Jerome Bettis made an emotional plea for his teammates to get him back to Detroit. This has to be the first time ever anyone has wanted to GO to Detroit. Not even Snake from Escape from New York wanted to go to Detroit. Meanwhile Shannahan is giving the old fashioned us v. world speech. Nobody wanted the ex-Browns linemen, nobody likes Plummer, they thought the Stork was brain dead and John Lynch was so obnoxious that the upper classmen beat him up on a regular basis. I’m a little tired of the lack of respect talk. Well it did help that Animal House fraternity.

First Quarter

Rothlisberger is cool, calm, and collect. He’s like Paul Newman but without the tasty salsa. I don’t think anyone throws on the run as well as he does. Plus he’s got like 360 ESP (oh he knows when John Lynch is blitzing). Denver’s line isn’t getting pressure on the QB. That’s going to be problems later on.

Second Quarter

Plummer just threw up a wounded duck that Pittsburgh intercepted. Oh-uh. The old Snake is coming out. Sure Plummer looks like a Houdini with shoulder pads when he escapes the Blitzberg pressure but his decision making is like Don Rumsfeld (well nobody is that bad). Denver is three scores behind at half time and Cowher doesn’t lose when he gets leads like that.


End of The Third Quarter

Pittsburgh is still in control. Time for a beer run. If it’s the one thing Miller has taught me its that people are more than willing to help out if they know it’s a beer run. Also I think most traffic laws are suspended for a beer run. Assuming of course your going to buy Miller products.


Fourth Quarter

After a great kick-off return, Plummer throws it directly to a Pittsburgh Steeler. I don’t know why they have analysts. Its pretty easy to figure out the keys to the game. DON’T HAVE TURNOVERS! Also make sure you play the Burger King King. That guy is everywhere. I’ve seen highlights of him playing in at least 2 decades for like 5 teams. Are there multiple Kings? If so can the Browns draft one this year?


Random Hot Stove that MJ will tell me if I’m right later

Looks like the Indians are trading Coco Crisp to Boston for 3B prospect Andy Marte and setup man Guillermo Mota. Crisp fills the hole Damon left. He’s expected to leadoff and man the middle of Fenway. The Indians get Mota to fill the setup role that Bob Howry handled last year. Marte seems have decent stats at the AAA level and Aaron Boone isn’t a long term answer. The trade will be good for the Indians if they can trade for another outfielder to sub in for Coco.

Pittsburgh Wins

Pittsburgh pretty much controlled the game the entire way through. They beat Denver, Indy, and Cinci all on the road. Now thats an impressive playoff run. While watching the post-game comments I accidentally set my taco on fire. I’ve now set fire to a taco, French Fries, a Cinnamon Bun, and a bowl of cereal. I really need to stop cooking while watching football.

No comments: