Sunday, January 22, 2006

Blogging the Championship Games: Part II

First Quarter Panthers v. Seahawks

Does anyone know if they test for steroids amongst the NFL referees? Ed Hockuly’s guns are bursting out of his zebra outfit. Looks like Jake Plummer transmitted his karma to Jake Delhomme. Delhomme is throwing floaters and Seattle has jumped to a big lead 17-0. If anyone doesn’t read Bill Simmons I suggest reading his next column. I think he will have picked Carolina games wrong for like 12 straight weeks. As Gutsy and I are fond of saying if a monkey flipping a coin is a better prognosticator you should stop making predictions. Also things that I don’t need see again now include that hit on Nick Goings. Poor kid doesn’t know what city he’s in.

Second Quarter

Am I the only picking up on the Red State v. Blue State Theme? Blue State Pennsylvania won over Red State Colorado earlier. Steve Smith just put Red States Carolina (well both of them) back into the game against the so Blue its basically Canada Washington. Holmgren in protest at the no block in the back call on the punt return, passes a kidney stone.

Third Quarter

Seahawks score again. Seattle’s D is very physical and Jake looks like his arm is always in slow motion. Alexander is playing well. This game is boring. The NFL always does this. One exciting weekend followed by one boring weekend. Well I’ll show them. I’m not going to watch the game anymore. Well hope you enjoyed my stream of conscious.

No comments: