Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Brees=Done For

I just read the report from the medical team in San Diego that Drew Brees dislocated his shoulder and torn his labrum in his throwing shoulder. He will have to have surgery to repair the tear and it will take 4-6 months for him to rehab the injury. I think that the Chargers were smart in keeping Phillip Rivers because the injury that Brees got is the kiss of death for quarterbacks and pitchers. Just ask Rob Nen or Rich Gannon how the injury treated him. I spoke with my physical therapist (who works on Broncos) regarding the injury and he said that offensive or defensive linemen who get the injury bounce back easily because they don't rely solely on their arm capabilities, but quarterbacks who get this injury will have a hard time coming back to their original strength and accuracy. What happens after the surgery is performed is that you lose alot of the mobility of your shoulder, which cuts down on the accuracy and velocity of throws. Pitchers come back from Tommy John surgery but not from labrum repair. The same can be said for quarterbacks. Take Brees out to stud, because after this surgery he is going to throw like a girl. My labrum repair surgery has cut down on my fastball by 30 mph and I can only throw 10 yards instead of the normal 50 yards.

PS Kerry Wood is done for this year as well...I will never in my life draft him on any team in fantasy baseball.

No comments: