Thursday, January 26, 2006

Twenty Years Ago...

We are the Bears Shufflin' Crew!
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you!
We're so bad, we know we're good
Blowin' your mind like we knew we would
You know we're just struttin' for fun
Struttin' our stuff for everyone
We're not here to start no trouble
We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!

Well, they call me "Sweetness," and I like to dance
Runnin' the ball is like making romance
We've had the goal since training camp
To give Chicago a Super Bowl champ
And we're not doin' this because we're greedy
The Bears are doin' it to feed the needy
We didn't come here looking for trouble
We just came here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!



This is Speedy Willie, and I'm world class
I like running but I love to get the pass
I practice all day and dance all night
I gotta get ready for the Sunday fight
Now I'm as smooth as a chocolate swirl
I dance a little funky, so watch me, girl!
There's no one here that doesn't like me
My Super Bowl Shuffle will set you free



I'm Samurai Mike, I stop 'em cold
Part of the defense, big and bold
I've been jammin' for quite a while
Doin' what's right and settin' the style
Gimme a chance, I'll rock you good
Nobody messes in my neighborhood
I didn't come here looking for trouble
I just came to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!



(Chorus)

Uh huh! Uh huh, uh huh!
Uh huh! Uh huh, uh huh!

I'm the punky QB known as McMahon
When I hit the turf, I've got no plan
I just throw my body all over the field
I can't dance, but I can throw the pill
I motivate the cats I like to tease
I play so cool, I aim to please
That's why you all got here on the double
To catch me doin' the Super Bowl Shuffle!



I'm Mama's Boy Otis, one of a kind
The ladies all love me for my body and my mind
I slick on the floor, as I can be
But ain't no sucker gonna get past me!
Some guys are jealous of my style and class
That's why some end up on their [WHISTLE]!
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble
I'm just gettin' down to the Super Bowl Shuffle



They say Jimbo is our man
If Jimmy can't do it, I sure can!
This is Steve, and it's no wonder
I run like lightnin', pass like thunder
So bring on Atlanta! Bring on Dallas!
This is for Mike and Papa Bear Halas
But I'm not here to feathers ruffle
I just came here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!



I'm L.A. Mike, and I play it cool
They don't sneak by me 'cuz I'm no fool
I fly on the field, and get on down
Everybody knows I don't mess around
I can break 'em and shake 'em any time of day
I like to steal it and make 'em pay
So please don't try to beat my hustle
'Cuz I'm just doin' the Super Bowl Shuffle



(Chorus)

The sack man's coming, I'm your man Dent
If a quarterback's slow, he's gonna get bent
We stop the run, we stop the pass
I like to dump guys on their [WHISTLE]
We love to play for the world's best fans
So better start making your Super Bowl plans
But don't get worried, or go through any trouble
Unless you practice the Super Bowl Shuffle



It's Gary here, and I'm Mr. Clean
They call me "Hitman," don't know what they mean
They throw it long, and watch me run
I'm on my man, one-on-one
Buddy's guys cover it down to the bone
That's why they call us the 46 Zone
Come on, everybody, let's scream and yell
We're gonna do the Shuffle and ring your bell!



You're lookin' at the Fridge, and I'm the rookie
I may be large, but I'm no dumb cookie
You seen me hit, you seen me run
When I kick and pass, we'll have more fun
Now I can dance, and you will see
The others - they all learned from me
I didn't come here looking for trouble
I just came to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!



(Chorus)



January 26, 1986
Super Bowl XX
Chicago Bears 46, New England Patriots 10

No comments: