Random Superbowl Thoughts:
1) I'll give my prediction later in the week but a player I think might end up making a big difference that people aren't talking about it Heath Miller - Steelers TE. The Packers have had trouble covering TEs this year and Miller is among the best in the league.
2) Don't underestimate the loss of Pouncey to the Steelers. The Packers' D is similar to Pittsburgh of having a variety of looks and blitz schemes and it had been the Pro Bowler's duties to make the o-line calls .
3) There are rumors floating that Heinz Ward will retire after the Super Bowl.
Random NFL Thoughts
1) Someone has to say it so I will Bud Adams, owner of the Titans is a crazy old man. Maybe not Al Davis crazy but certainly get off my lawn crazy. I'm not criticizing getting rid of Jeff Fisher. Well maybe a little. but how in the world is the timing defensible? It's just not...
Random NCAA Basketball Thoughts
1) What to make of St. John's win over Duke? Well at a fundamental level it helps the Big East get extra bids for the tourney and hurts the ACC (although at this point its kind of at the margins). Duke has already been exposed to be vulnerable without their star freshman PG. Which leaves a big question mark on how the win (now #3 over ranked opponents for Steve Lavin) influences St. John's potential return to Big East powerhouse? Not sure but we'll see pretty quickly how it affects recruiting.
2) The only other team beside Duke in the ACC that might make some tournament waves is UNC. UNC is slowly improving led by two freshmen who have not lived up their billings...yet. While the headliner is Harold Barnes...the PG Marshall will be equally important to how far they can go.
3) tOSU still undefeated. At this stage it's pretty easy to say this is the best offensive team that Thad Matta has put together.