Monday, July 18, 2005

Clueless In Seattle

That isn't the most original title, I know, but it describes very accurately the decision-makers who are running the Seattle Supersonics. While I applaud their efforts at re-signing Ray Allen, they probably should've worked harder to keep Nate McMillan happy. Nevertheless, they let him go because paying a coach with zero titles a top salary probably doesn't make much sense anyway. So where's the clueless part you say?

Hiring Bob Weiss. I truly can't imagine that there isn't a more qualified person out there. We're talking about a guy that's had not one, not two but three chances at being a head coach. He's compiled a career record of 210-282 (.426). There isn't anyone more deserving than this re-tread? I've said it once and I'll say it again: there is such racism in the system that it makes me wonder why no one talks about it in the NBA. It's so blatant, man. It's just awful.

What on earth can Bob Weiss possibly bring to the table? He's never succeeded anywhere. Lame.

No comments: