Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Enemy In Our Midst

It has just come to my attention that this blog/online magazine has 3 degrees of separation from my own personal nemesis Dan Shanoff.

My good friend Bloody Gamebreak (his online moniker when he comments on our site) is a member of the law review journal at Fordham University. It was there that he met his legal writing mentor, a girl who has since become Mrs. Shanoff.

Bloody Gamebreak told me that both Mr. and Mrs. Shanoff are really nice people and since BG is one of the nicest people I've ever met, I toyed with the idea of burying the hatchet on this one-sided feud. Then I came to my senses. Dan Shanoff's a complete f*cking moron who deserves to be called out in public and bashed at every turn.

So, just so you all know, there is an enemy in our midst. He pretends to be a nice guy, befriending my friend and trying to sneak through our defenses. I won't let this transgression stand. From now on, I'm going to be twice as abusive to Mr. Shanoff.

I've already cleared it with my pal Bloody Gamebreak and he says its ok. Full speed ahead!

4 comments:

Mighty Mike said...

As an accredited columnist you have to leave your personal feelings at the door and tell it like it is. I had lunch with Peter King the other day. Great guy, even paid for my turkey sandwhich. Sure won't stop me from ripping him come football season.

MJ said...

Are you being serious about having lunch with Peter King?

I'm not shitting about my buddy Bloody G. knowing Dan Shanoff, by the way. Bloody G. called me this afternoon to tell me that he knows Shanoff personally and that he's been following our blog on and off and just saw my lunatic and vageuely threatening ravings about him.

Mighty Mike said...

I have never met Peter King (but if I did I would demand that he buy me a turkey sandwhich). That is highly amusing though. Good thing we switched to the online magazine format otherwise you threatening rants might have had consquences.

Gutsy Goldberg said...

Wow. MJ - That was a great posting, and unlike most of my postings [my interview with Isiah, my "hatred" of double dare] it's actually based on reality.

Now, the question remains, who on the blog has the closest connection to Stephen A. Smith???