Monday, July 11, 2005

Just An Excuse To Rip Shanoff Again

I like watching poker on TV and I like playing it on www.pacificpoker.com. So when I read this amusing tidbit from my new whipping boy Dan Shanoff, I had to write something:

"For a sport fueled by such a macho ethic, is there anything more wuss than World Series Of Poker players who wear sunglasses? If your "tells" are so obvious that you can't keep from going bug-eyed at a decent hand, perhaps you're not the poker stud you think you are."

Does Shanoff want to rethink that? I'm pretty sure that Johnny Chan, 3-time WSOP champ, would not like being called a wuss.


Shanoff is making it so easy on me. There are dead people and viruses that are smarter than this guy.

2 comments:

Mighty Mike said...

Last time I checked the object of poker was to win. Jonny Chan (and the last 2 WSOP champs) wore sunglasses. I tend to think you get more respect for winning.

The parallel that I would bring up is the wide reciever in the middle of the field who refuses to go down. Sure once in awhile he'll show off his toughness and get a few extra yards but more often than not he gets stripped of the ball. Guess who looks dumber at the end : the guy who got 2 extra and fumbled or the guy that kept the chains moving?

We sure Shanoff didn't come from the White House?

MJ said...

Good point. Plus, how can you be a wuss when sunglasses are thought of as an intimidating feature, not a soft one. Think Dale Earnhardt.