Thursday, January 04, 2007

Colonel Sanders Finger Lickin' Picks For All Degenerate Gamblers Out There - Playoff Edition - Round 1

Well it appears that I am not going to take over Bill Simmons job. He seems to have bested me even with my help from the reinforcements of LTC MJ and my "no retreat, no surrender" policy of last week. Maybe next time I should have dressed like SnowJob while I am on mountain duty.




Perhaps I can take him on in the playoffs, since that will be the only time I actually gamble with Mighty's money. Onto the picks:

KC (+7) at IND: KC. Like Gutsy, I feel the logic around this pick is just weighing in favor of KC. Indy has a run defense that blows, KC has one of the best running back in the game...you do the math. Although I think after this year, LJ will need both knees replaced because Edwards is running him into the ground. Speaking of LJ, are we allowed to call him Gran Ma Ma. I know with LDT, you can't take nicknames from previous greats, but would you consider Gran MaMa a previous great? What is the rule on nicknames?

DAL (+3) at SEA: SEA. I was going to go with the whole Madden curse thing but since the game is in Seattle, I have to take the home team. Like MJ said, any of the NFC teams could win. This is why I am not betting Mighty's money on the NFC, except against them in the Super Bowl.

NYJ (+9.5) at NE: NYJ. I think that the Pats will win this game, but I also think that the Jets defense has been pretty good under the Mangina. According to my stats people, the Jets have only lost by over 10 points in three games this year, none of which was to NE, so I gotta go with the points.

NYG (+7) at PHI: PHI. Since the Eagles have won their last 3 games by more than 7 points, I have to go with them. And yes, I did pick the underdog in both AFC games and the favorite in both NFC games.

On a final note, I would just like to inform the reading public that Denver is not the land of drive bys and gang warfare. Just watch the Real World Denver and you will get an idea of how all races live in harmony in this city. However if you are a defensive player for an AFC team frequenting a party, I would not recommend coming here. You might be the victim of a drive-by or an ass shooting.

Last Week: 9-6-1
Overall: 121-121-14
Simmons Overall (even though I think that he fudged his numbers) 128-123-6...especially since his numbers don't add up to 256, which is the total amount of games. A math major he was not.

No comments: