Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 8 - Bringin' it Back to Modell

I just found out something disturbing... Coach Mangina is Indians' GM Mark Shapiro's brother-in-law. How does this happen? Well, the Internet knows all... so buckle up: Essentially, Mark Shapiro went to school with Chiefs' GM Scott Pioli and the two are good friends. When the Browns moved to Baltimore, Pioli went out to Baltimore, along with the Mangina. Pioli then had Shapiro's sister show Mangina around town to find a place to live and Pioli said "you can have any girl in Baltimore except for my friend's sister." Mangina, who refuses to listen to anyone, then ended up marrying Shapiro's sister.

So, the way I look at it, this all happened because Modell moved the team from Cleveland to Baltimore. I think this means Mangina is the fruit of the poisonous tree then.

Manwich Matchup of the Week

Giants @ Eagles - A great divisional rivalry... and 1st place is on the line! The Giants are coming off a 2-game losing streak, but I like them to rebound this week.
Pick: Giants

Upset of the Week
This is the worst slate of games I've ever seen. There's only 13 games and I literally don't want to pick any upsets. I wanted to pick Baltimore over Denver, but Baltimore's favored by 3 points! So...
ATL @ New Orleans - This is probably a bad idea, but I don't know what else to do this week.
Pick: ATL

Opening Round Playoff Game #8
Teams that have been eliminated: Cincy (against Denver in week 1)!, St. Louis, Washington, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Tampa, Oakland.
St. Louis @ Detroit - It doesn't get much worse than this.
Pick: Detroit

Fantasy Football Game of Interest
Minny @ GB - Green Bay deserves to win the revenge game.
Pick: GB

Other Games
Denver @ Baltimore - I can't believe Baltimore is favored - Pick: Baltimore
Cleveland @ Chicago - Pick: Chicago
Houston @ Buffalo - Pick: Houston (yes, this would give the Texans a 3-game winning streak. I swear I can't pick their games).
San Fran @ Indy - Pick: Indy
Miami @ Jets - Pick: Miami (please note: the league schedulers really screwed up this year. I blame Goodell. I think it was back in the early '90s when the league realized that playing the same team twice in 3 weeks really isn't enjoyable for anyone. Sadly, the Dolphins schedule: week 5 = jets; wk 6 =bye, wk 7 = saints, week 8 =jets. That's dumb.)
Seattle @ Dallas - Pick: Dallas
Oak @ SD - Pick: SD
Jack-o @ Tennessee - Pick: Tennessee (it's time they win a game. they're not that bad).
CAR @ Arizona - Pick: Arizona

Last Week: 9-4 ; 9-5 in week6
Season: 68-35
Manwich: 4-3 (Steelers upended the Vikings on defensive TDs; Saints destroyed the Giants in week 6)
Upset of the Week: 2-5 (ATL got beat by Dallas; but Arizona killed the Seahawks in week 6)

No comments: