What You Know (A Summary of the Previous Week)
TCU solidified its claim as #3 by destroying Utah, Alabama falls to the Mad Hatter, Florida rebounds, Texas falls off cliff, Stanford clinches Pac 10 for Oregon.
What You Might Have Missed (Under the Radar Stories)
- As there 4 at large spots there is a large race to see who gets the big money payoffs for them. The Big 10 has claimed an at large spot for 5 straight years but this year that streak is in jeopardy. So who are the at large claimants?
- TCU - IF they win out they will almost assuredly get the automatic Non-BCS bid and end up in either the Mythical Championship or the Rose Bowl
- LSU - Short of Auburn losing its' last 2 games LSU is out of the SEC title hunt. They have a big game against Arkansas remaining but if they win out it's hard to imagine a 1 loss SEC school being ignored.
- Boise - Without an automatic bid Boise will have to sell itself on its ratings/crowd turnout. They got the nod last year but it remains to be seen if given a choice will a bowl select them (again)
- Stanford - Stanford is almost guaranteed a one loss season. They have a high profile coach and probably the #1 pick in the NFL Draft (Andrew Luck). However Stanford hasn't historically traveled well and the Pac 10 tends to be overlooked for bowl games given the ratings/traveling issues
Looking Ahead (Games of the Week)
South Carolina @ Florida - Winner clinches SEC East and Trip to the SEC Championship
Penn State @ Ohio State - tOSU has the toughest schedule of the top 4 Big 10 contenders .
Georgia @ Auburn - It's a light week
Iowa @ Northwestern - Wildcats have won 3 straight versus Iowa
Prediction Time 11/11
BCS Championship: Oregon v. Auburn
Orange Bowl : Virginia Tech v. Ohio State
Sugar Bowl: LSU v. Boise St.
Fiesta: Pittsburgh v. Nebraska
Rose Bowl: TCU v. Wisconsin