Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Week 3 – Double Your Intake of Manwich

Manwich Appetizer
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh – This game may feel like a playoff game for both teams. First rematch since the playoffs, and the Bengals will be looking for serious revenge. The Steelers will be looking to win because if they lose, they suddenly would be 2 games back of the Bengals (and the Ravens). I think the Jags showed on Monday night a good game plan for holding the Steelers down, and I don’t think that the Steelers are going to be able to correct everything in just 6 days. Pick: Cincy

Manwich Main Course-
Jacksonville at Indianapolis – The Jags defense has done a great job with Dallas and Pittsburgh, but as we all know, stopping Indy is a completely different story. Pick: Indy

Upset of the Week -
N.Y. Giants at Seattle- Madden curse, commence! Pick: NY Giants

Carolina at Tampa Bay – Suddenly, the 2 big NFC South favorites, who are completely underachieving, get to play each other. I’m not sure who to be more concerned with at this point. Let’s see – Tampa’s QB likes to throw to the other team, Cadillac Williams is due for an oil change, and the O-line is a mess. CAR also has O-line problems, but they discovered that their rookie RB, DeAngelo Williams last week, can immediately contribute. I’m going with CAR, but I wish I could have a mechanic check this team out, because it seems like there’s a bigger problem than “steve Smith is missing” as to the problems with the team. Pick: CAR.

Chicago at Minnesota – Wow. Another divisional battle for first place. If I’ve learned anything from last week, it’s don’t get on Hitman’s bad side. Pick: Chicago

Green Bay at Detroit – While at the Miami (OH) vs. Kent st. game last week, there was an advertisement for the MAC Championship game and it said that Detroit’s Ford Field is “the premier stadium” in the country. For some reason, I don’t believe them, just like I don’t believe in Brett Favre. 3 picks for favre. Pick: Detroit

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo – The Jets have been very competitive of late due to a mini-resurgence of Pennington. Buffalo still has very little offense, but their defense has been superb. Its kind of like being excited about your team, then realizing you still have problems, like JP Losman at QB. Pick: Buffalo

Tennessee at Miami – Even Culpepper should be able to score on Tennessee? Right? Pick: Miami

Washington at Houston – I don’t think Washington will need Portis for this one. Pick: Washington

Baltimore at Cleveland – You know, I really did think the Browns were going to be more competitive this season, but perhaps still get 6 wins. I don’t know how else to explain my sadness, but I did find a very fitting quote by Dr. Zoidberg, from Futurama, “…and that's the story of how I got my new shell. It looks just like the one I threw out yesterday, and I found it in the same dumpster. But this one had a live raccoon inside!” Obviously, these Browns seemed like a new team, but really, it was just the same thing laying in the dumpster. Pick: Baltimore

Philadelphia at San Francisco- Now that San Fran beat St. Louis, I’m actually quite intrigued by this game. Pick: Philly

St. Louis at Arizona- Norman Chad claims that “nobody beats Arizona at home”. I don’t believe it though. I am wondering whether you can sit on the field in Arizona when it gets retracted in or out of the stadium. Pick: St. Louis

Denver at New England- Payback is a bitch. Pick: New England

Atlanta @ NO – Did you know? QB Michael Vick is on pace for 168 rushing attempts, 1400 rushing yards, 8 rushings TDs, AND 24 passing TDs. I love math. Pick: Atlanta

Last Week: 9-7
Season: 16-16 (I said last week, “I have no idea what I’m doing”)
Manwich: 1-1 (Philly collapsed)
Upset of the Week: 0-2 (Picking the Lions was yet another mistake)

No comments: