Sunday, December 17, 2006

MMBSD: AAugh!

Arghh! Just when I thought I had the NFL figured out they yank the ball right out from under me and fall flat on my ass. Alright Jacksonville was a good team but Vince Young was an up and comer. This should be a close contest. Wrong! Vince Young is a slightly less productive then your average member of team green after a Phish Concert. Instead Tennesse pulled off a win when they returned 3 Jaguar turnovers for TDs. (Guess which team with be searching for a QB this offseason). New Orleans was rising to the top of the NFC. They had just thrashed Dallas and now were facing the dregs of the NFC East in the form of the Wasington Native Americans for an easy beating….not! Drew Brees, like Michael Douglas without Viagr,a couldn't put it in the scoring zone (unlike Tom Brady who according to the odds makers in Vegas always finds the end zone). Meanwhile, in Dallas, Terrell Owens acted like a deranged asshole. I mean who could've guessed he would spit on another human being? Here I am every week trying to make sense of what obviously has slightly less rationality than a White House Iraq Study session. Why? Why do I even try? It's like I somehow I'm looking forward to the pain of being wrong. I wonder if the Defense Department feels the same way. Luckily I can always find solace in the Browns. They never cause repeated trauma. I don't cry myself to sleep on Sundays praying for Jim Brown to come out of retirement.

Typical ending to my Sundays after watching of a Browns' Game

Luckily the NBA gives me consistency. The Spurs are on top of the league. Tracy McGrady is out with a bad back or a testicle cramp or something. And the players are beating each other up like it’s a strip club at 3 AM. In Madison Square Garden the Knicks and Nuggets staged their own Royal Rumble with Carmelo coming out on top with a TKO in the 4rth. David Stern, who tends to get constipated anytime his workers show emotion, individuality or color, will bring the hammer down on the offenders. The suspension rotation system will probably be fully in effect. An interesting twist is that the suspensions could force Denver out of running for the Allan Iverson sweepstake. Denver will need a lot of bodies and it may be missing too many to swing the trade.

I'm pretty sure this foul by the Knicks' Mardy Collins will earn him a suspension

Random Thoughts:

Game of the week coming up is NCAA basketball matchup of The Ohio State with Greg Oden's left hand v. defending national champion Florida on Saturday. The combination of the best incoming big man versus the best returning big man with the subtext of the same teams meeting on January 8th in Arizona for the BCS has me psyched. Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan captured his 1,000 victory. Sloan coaches his teams to play like he did. Smart, hard nosed and team oriented. Brett Favre now holds the record for most completions. He's also only a few interceptions away from setting the all time record for most interceptions. I wonder if that will get the same fanfare? Congrats to everyone on this blog for being named Time Man of the Year! Seriously. I'm saving this one to tell my kids. Not serious.

Obviously it was a slow year

No comments: