Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary to the "Back Seat Drivers!"

I forgot to write an Anniversary article for BSD last year, but wrote one in 2005, 2006, and 2007.

First, I just wanted to thank Mighty Mike again for coming up with the idea and approaching me about starting this back in the fall of 2004, when I wasn't even entirely sure what a blog was.

Second, I wanted to thank everyone who has ever contributed an article. This includes (in approximate order of earliest appearance):
Hitman, MJ, Beth, B. Hutchens (formerly known as Colonel Sanders), Publius, Jon, The Sandwich, Laz, Hoosierfan, and Nat McCarron.

Some of my other favorite moments/articles of the past 5 years include:
1) First, there was the Beer Draft (Rounds 1 and 2 and Round 3 and Rounds 4 and 5) and then there was the sensational Wrestling Draft (Rounds 1 and 2 and Rounds 3 and 4 and then there was one possible Survivor Series involving all the teams selected in the Wrestling Draft)
2) A Mighty Mike Post: Rams come from behind victory over Seattle
3) A Fictional Gutsy Goldberg Post: Q & A with Isiah Thomas
4) A Publius Series: Charlie Weis is fat… really fat! And Charlie Weis is Pizza the Hut!
5) MJ & Gutsy Goldberg debate: Tiger Woods vs. Roger Federer
6) Hitman's Series: Shut Your Piehole!
7) A Laz Post: Is Sam Cassell Kif from Futurama?
8) A Gutsy Goldberg Series: Meeting the NFL Rookie Coaching Classes
9) A Mighty Mike Series: Cheers and Jeers... and in later years, Cheers, Jeers, and Scantily Clad Women. Here's one I picked out randomly, that I like.
10) The relatively complete history of Cobra Commander (aka Brian Billick)

I'm sure there are many great articles that I've skipped, but these were the ones I found by clicking through the archives. Feel free to comment on some of your other favorite articles of course.

In terms of BSD, it's been a fantastic 5 years, and I can only hope the fun continues as we head off into the future. "The blog", as I refer to this one, is one of my favorite outlets each day to read and is one of my favorite activities each week when I sit down and attempt to write an article. Thank you to everyone for helping contribute to BSD and making it into the success that it has become!

No comments: