Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cheers and Jeers: Tripple Pleasure

Ingredients: McCroskey: This is going to be a real sweat. Genderson, let me know when you get anything. Got a cigarette Nelson? I can't take much more of this. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines. Johnny, how about some more coffee?

Johnny: NO THANKS!

(Airplane)

Right now the sports senses are more than tingling, they're on overload! I turn the TV to ESPN, I'm using all of my speed reading abilities to follow the comings and goings. Baseball playoffs aren't exactly working out the way the conventional wisdom had it set up. The Cards after doing a Jackass type faceplant to end the season, have beaten down the Padres (Conventional Wisdom is neither conventional nor wisdom, discuss among yourself). Meanwhile the A's are being carried by Frank Thomas (somebody check with my sources. That can't be right).

Over in College Football land the SEC begins its annual re-enactment of Alive where undefeated survivors will be canabilized over the next two months. The big games between Tennessee and Georgia along with Florida and LSU should provide excellence sustance.

Finally as Gutsy and Colonel noted there's a lot of monkey throwing poo at wall type games (i.e. the monkey has a better shot at hitting the right one than you do). Cobra Commander is still on the march while T.O. and Donovan are getting into a 7th grade type text message fight.

So triple your pleasure, triple your fun this weekend with sportsorama (just remember in Vegas you need to pay a little extra for that kind of action).

Jeers: To me. I left out hockey as a fun way to spend the weekend. Now before someone throws a hot dog or batteries at me hear me out. Some people enjoy hockey. Its fast, its violent, in Columbus you can root for the BJs and one team in Saginaw, Wisconsin named their mascot after Stephen Colbert . Sure there are few negatives like French is used but I say let's give it a chance.

Cheers: To the NBA. I know if I fully discussed how excited I am for the NBA season my body would probably overload on sports so I'll just ask a few questions. How much worse will Detroit be without Ben Wallace? How much better will Chicago be with him? Can Lebron get any better and will that translate to more playoff wins? Will McGrady be healthy this year? Were the Spurs hurt last year or simply old?

Cheers: Denny Hastert. I have to say his impression of Captain Edward John Smith this week was simply awe inspiring. I doubt the real Captain Smith could have piloted a ship any better.

Cheers: Shanna Moakler. As if my week of could get any better, apparently the former Miss USA cold-cocked Paris Hilton in the face. Yeah I know I should avoid the schadenfreude but for something that sweet, I just can't help it.

No comments: