Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Week 8 - The Week of Scarlett

Manwich Matchup of the Week
Indianapolis at Denver- Easy choice for Manwich this week. Undefeated team against a team that’s given up 3 touchdowns all season. Granted, Denver hasn’t played anything even close to the Indy offense (they played St. Louis, KC, New England, Balt, Oak, Clev). I’m guessing the floodgates will open this weekend, and Denver will face turmoil for the first time in a while. Pick: Indy

Upset of the Week
Atlanta at Cincinnati – I’m so baffled as to both these teams. I still don’t know how Cincy’s makeshift o-line survived last week. The line for this game is 3.5 points, and I’m going to just roll with that as an “upset.” Pick: Atlanta

Arizona at Green Bay – Do you think they would just play Aaron Rodgers against Matt Leinart for the more interesting matchup? Pick: Green Bay

Baltimore at New Orleans – America’s team had a week off to prepare for the Cobras. The Cobras also took a bye week to prepare, and instead of working on the gameplan, Cobra Commander cleaned and waxed his visor every single day. Pick: New Orleans

Houston at Tennessee- These teams are both red-hot! Houston stomped all over Jacksonville, and Tennessee beat down Washington in their last game. I’ll go w/ the home team. Pick: Tennessee

Jacksonville at Philadelphia- I don’t know why the Jags have hit the wall, and can’t stop anyone or anything anymore. All I know is, Philly better be motivated after yet another improbable loss. Pick: Philly

Seattle at Kansas City- wow. I almost feel partially responsible for the Seahawks most recent twist of fate. After claiming they wouldn’t make the playoffs because of the 1) Madden curse (Alexander), 2) the Super Bowl curse, the 3) Chunky soup curse (Hasselbeck), I realized last week they still have a really easy schedule, so I conceded they would make the playoffs. However, I obviously underestimated the power of all the curses, when COMBINED. Together, the curses are stronger than Voltron. Pick: Kansas City

San Francisco at Chicago- I’m guessing Rex Grossman will be okay now, because enough time has passed from the 6-turnover game. Pick: Chicago

Tampa Bay at N.Y. Giants- Don’t ever doubt a MAC QB. This decade, any MAC QB that takes the reigns ends up going to the playoffs. I’m hoping to jinx the Browns into the playoffs by this statement. Pick: Giants

St. Louis at San Diego- Not sure what to expect from this game. Pick: San Diego

N.Y. Jets at Cleveland –Mangina’s due for a period. Pick: Cleveland

Pittsburgh at Oakland- Now that Oakland got a victory, they will certainly be satisfied, tired, groggy, and drunk from celebration. Pick: Pittsburgh

Dallas at Carolina- Tony Romo-cop finally takes over. Too bad the Cowboys are a bit behind and have to deal with the carniverous CAR D-line. Pick: CAR

NE @ Minnesota- Another intriguing game… and on Monday night no less. I think New England should be able to take care of business. Pick: NE

Last Week: 4-9 (yowsers! Not a misprint)
Season: 60-40
Manwich: 5-3 (CAR could not stop the Bengals)
Upset of the Week: 1-6 (I picked the Brownies, and I knew it wasn’t too smart)

No comments: